/* --------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------- Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Darling Little Damuth

Friday, January 06, 2006



Lost Without Luci...
It has been two months since my last post, but as you will see from our pictures, I have been enjoying every second with our precious little girl. This was my first week back at work, and I can't say I wasn't warned about how hard it was going to be. The truth is I am not at all worried about her; I know she is fine. It is me I am worried about. I just miss her. The hardest part was that first morning after I got her out of her crib while she was still sleeping, packed her up, gave her to her Dad, and the house became empty and silent. There were no noises coming out of the monitor, just emptiness, and I cried. However, at work, I spend the day in a fog. The chaos and whirlwind of teaching is healthy because it doesn't allow for your mind to wander; but when 3:00 hits, I have no problem leaving my classroom and my desk a disaster, busting down the doors, and rushing to snuggle with my angel.
My brother said to me on my wedding day, "As great as this day was, it is only the beginning...you can't imagine how much your love will grow." At that time, my brother had just received the gift of his son, CJ. He was telling me about how intense the love will be that you have for your children. No one knows what this feels like until they experience it, and he was right. I have fallen for this little girl. I am totally and completely in love with her. I can already tell she is going to be a sweetheart; she loves everyone and gives everyone her biggest smile. Rob says that everyday, at least three times, I say, "We are so lucky." My life has changed upside-down, and I will never be the same.
Click here to view our latest pictures...
Christmas was such a blessed time. We had so much fun with Luci on Christmas morning and with family. Our favorite gift to her was a book that Rob and I found while celebrating our anniversary in Traverse City. It was called, "On the Night You Were Born". It perfectly describes how we feel about her and that the Earth will never be the same because there will never be another one born like her. Click here for Christmas morning pictures.